WHAT IS A FOAM (AFFF) FIRE EXTINGUISHER?
- Foam Fire Extinguishers can be identified by its color labeling…which is red with blue band
- Best used on fuel fires. It works by applying a frothy foam or seal over the fuel, preventing oxygen reaching it.
- Unlike powder, foam can be used to progressively extinguish fires without flashback.
- Best used on A & B type fires (Wood, Paper, Plastic, Flammable and Combustible Liquids).
- ot to be used Flammable Gases and Electrically Energized Equipment and has limited use with Cooking Oil & Fats.
- In fact, it can be dangerous if used on electrical equipment.
- Available in 9.0 Litre size.
- Again it is recommended that the extinguisher you buy is approved by Standards Australia.
WHY BUY YOUR FOAM (AFFF) EXTINGUISHER FROM LONDON FIRE & SAFE?
- London Fire & Safe pride ourselves on suppling only good quality fire extinguishers that are Standards Australia approved and are tried and tested in the field.
- This way you, the customer know that you are getting a quality product from a team that knows what they are doing.
- We can complete the whole job for you from selection, installation to certification.