What is a Carbon Dioxide Extinguisher?
- CO2 Extinguishers can be identified by its color labeling…which is red with black band.
- Carbon Dioxide is discharged as white cloud of ‘snow’ which smothers a fire by eliminating oxygen.
- For use against electrically energized equipment and in electrical environments (Class E).
- Extracted from the atmosphere, CO2 is stored in a liquid state and at high pressure.
- The effect of a CO2 extinguisher can be limited where there is air movement and discharge within a confined space is definitely NOT recommended.
- Suitable for Class E fires.
- Has limited effectiveness on Class A, Class B and Class F fires.
- Available in 2.0 Kg, 3.5 Kg, 5.0 Kg sizes.
- Again it is recommended that the extinguisher you buy is approved by Standards Australia.
WHY BUY YOUR CARBON DIOXIDE FIRE EXTINGUISHER FROM LONDON FIRE & SAFE?
- London Fire & Safe pride ourselves on suppling only good quality fire extinguishers that are Standards Australia approved and are tried and tested in the field.
- This way you, the customer know that you are getting a quality product from a team that knows what they are doing.
- We can complete the whole job for you from selection, installation to certification.